What are they?
- Activities to help you learn and practice orienteering skills
- An opportunity to get to know other junior orienteers
Who are they for?
- Newcomers to the sport not yet club members
- Pupils from schools affiliated to British Schools Orienteering Association.
- All junior members of the club.
- Other individuals or groups by special arrangement.
- If you are under 10 years old your parent or guardian will need to stay with you throughout the session.
- The LEI Safeguarding Policy must be adhered to by all club members and officials.
- The club will need a ‘Parental Consent and Medical Information Form’ completed for each junior. Please let us know if any information (for example a medical condition) changes during the year.
|Parental Consent and Medical Information Form|
Junior Club Nights are not currently running but we hope to revise them when Covid-19 restrictions are over and lead coaches can be recruited. The regular Club Nights usually on Tuesday evenings are open to members of all ages.
Club Coaching Activities
These are aimed at adults and juniors who regularly run light green or green courses. Often they take place at British Orienteering Club Coaching days. If you are under 14 a parent or guardian will have to stay with you.
East Midlands Junior Orienteering Squad
Are you successfully completing the light green course?
The next step is the Regional Squad. This is open to the whole of the East Midlands. Membership is by invitation. You’ll need to be doing a light green or equivalent course regularly to join. The EMJOS organise training sessions, including weekends away all over the country so you can practice orienteering in different exciting types of terrain, giving you the chance to develop more advanced technique skills. The general atmosphere is very friendly and you meet lots of new people who you get on with remarkably well.
The highlight of the year for the squad is the annual Inter-regional competition for which a team is chosen (and you get to wear the EMJOS O top!).
EMJOS website (link not currenly available)
DoE Award Scheme
Information about the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award can be found by following the link below:
Initial interest or general enquiries should first be addressed to the club contact